Dr. Sohini Sastri, best astrologer in mumbai, known for her accurate prediction and effective advice with vast knowledge of astrology and occult science. She is a KP Astrologer with over 15 years of experience in Vedic Astrology, Palmistry, Vastu etc.
Dr. Sastri is awarded by the President of India, the Vice President of India and the Governors of three states. She has written many books on astrology and a regular columnist for many popular magazines and a very popular face on different TV shows.
We hear the word “Concentration”, what do you think it really is?
Dr. Sohini Sastri: Focus is one of the most crucial criteria for success in any aspect of our life, be it education, work, or achieving personal and professional goals. To realize your real potential and your hidden abilities, you need to be focused. Nothing will go as planned while you suffer from a lack of concentration. And over time, you will become dissatisfied, paranoid, and progressively pessimistic. These things are immediate, but they will damage you from within in the long run, leaving you unable to achieve anything constructive. The higher your level of concentration, the more productive you will be. Eventually, it will lead to recognition, promotion, financial prosperity, and ultimately a happy family and life.
How to identify that a person suffers from a problem of concentration?
Dr. Sohini Sastri: There are few basic indications that will help us identify if we are suffering from a lack of concentration.
1. Forgetting the things you put somewhere before.
2. Missing a key item during work, like cooking, building something, coding, etc.
3. Lethargic to study, work
4. Repeatedly breaking your commitment both personally and professionally.
5. You don’t want to meet someone, even if it can be beneficial for you.
6. Keep thinking garbage, a fairy tale; sometimes you don’t even know what you were thinking.
7. Keeping company with people who live their lives dreaming, chatting; nothing productive at all.
8. You can’t even perform the tasks where you were expert before.
What are the effects that you mentioned earlier that one can face in the long term due to difficulty concentrating?
Dr. Sohini Sastri: Now this is the thing to worry about. All these symptoms slowly lead you to mental instability and depression. We all know that a negative person will not only be the cause of their own downfall, but also that of others around them. You will look for faults in others and even blame them for your own faults. You will feel the need to escape from any harsh environment. When this happens, you can only think of how you have lost the importance you once had. It will only make things worse; it will create enormous mental pressure, frustration, halt your progress, and sometimes have a negative effect on your moral compass.
For a better understanding of our readers, can you please share the astrological facts, planets and their positions which are responsible for concentration related issues?
Dr. Sohini Sastri: Of course. Here are some main facts that we should consider in case of concentration related problem. First of all, we must know the main significators or “Karaka” planets for concentration. These are Rahu, Ketu, Moon and Mercury.
1. An evil Ketu in your birth chart is responsible for immense negativity in your character. This planet causes hesitation, confusion or you will always want to appear confused to get sympathy from others. It will completely dissolve your decision-making ability and make you dependent on others. If Ketu is good, you can become a medium, but if Ketu is bad, it will lead you to many mental disorders.
Lethargy at work, bunk beds in class, stupid mistakes, irregular workspace, lack of attendance, not communicating with others; these are some common symptoms of Evil Ketu. If we talk about mental health, an evil Ketu can lead you to OCD, ADHD and other disorders. It is also the cause of low self-esteem, lack of willpower, unnecessary emotional turmoil, ego, distrust, unnecessary delusions and fears in your head. All of the above problems are medically proven to be responsible for a lack or disorder of sleep, which can also lead to physical problems.
2. When it comes to Rahu, things are a bit different. An evil Rahu in your chart can do a lot of damage to your reputation. You will start to become very clever and you will make a hobby of deceiving others. Eventually, one day, you will be wrong and it will lead to your downfall. We realize the need for a soul mate the most when we get older. An evil Rahu will make sure you don’t have anyone left to cry on his shoulder.
3. If the concentration problem is caused by the Moon; it will take you to an imaginary world. You will lose all your productivity and positive brain activity. You will be unable to think logically; always speak with emotion and don’t want to do work that matters. You cannot expect a realistic decision on your own. A warning if you fall into this category, there will come a time when you will be unable to think of anything productive, calculating or realistic.
4. The joint effect of Saturn and the Moon causes negativity and eventually leads to depression or another brain disorder. Mercury and the Sun are also responsible for a lack of concentration in some cases. The sun causes tremendous ego and smugness that will make you think higher and lead to your downfall.
5. The Fifth House or “Pancham Bhava” in our birth chart is responsible for controlling our mind. If Ketu is placed in the fifth house and he is evil, it can lead to problems related to concentration.
6. A concentration problem can also arise if the lord of the fifth house is in the sixth, eighth or twelfth house of our birth chart.
There are also few factors in our birth chart that are responsible for concentration problems. Such as the negative impact of Saturn-Moon. The conjunction of Saturn and the Moon in the birth chart is known as “Vish Yoga” or “Shani Vish Yoga”. ‘Grahan Dosh’ caused by a close conjunction of Rahu and Moon. Moreover, if the ‘Vakri Budh’ or Mercury retrograde ascending or ‘lagna’ placed in the sixth, eighth or twelfth house, it will create a huge negative impact on the life of the native. These factors can cause many problems like less attention while reading, weak memory, silly mistakes, etc., which eventually lead you to serious concentration problems.
Well, based on my personal experiences and case studies, I can say that the best way to prevent the damage caused by concentration problems is to treat them as soon as they are detected. We must first determine the exact location of Rahu, Ketu, Moon, Mercury and Saturn in our birth chart, as these are the planets that govern our focus. Next, we need to figure out which planets are evil and are to blame for the problem. Once we manage to identify this, we can deal with them accordingly.