HANGZHOU, ChinaMarch 18, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — NetEase, Inc. (NASDAQ: NTES and HKEX: 9999, “NetEase” or the “Company”), one of China major internet service and online game providers, today announced that it will be presented at Game Developers Conference (GDC) 2022, featuring a record 26 unsponsored keynotes. NetEase speakers will share the company’s successes from its blockbuster titles, highlighting the growing appeal of Eastern fantasy and revealing how NetEase Games has leveraged technology to make games more engaging, exciting and inclusive.
GDC is one of the most influential industry conferences in the world for video game developers, and GDC 2022 will be held in person and virtually at that of San Francisco Moscone Convention Center March 21-25, 2022. The annual summit has been held for over 35 years and attracts some of the biggest names in the industry to discuss evolving technology and gaming trends. A total of 26 proposals submitted by over 30 NetEase developers were shortlisted for 11 Core Concept Talks and 15 Summit Talks throughout the GDC Summit.
Presentations will be led by some of NetEase Games’ top designers, engineers, and programmers. Speakers will share their expertise on game development, operation, art design, and improving user experience, among others. Exciting topics to be covered will include how to use AI, blockchain and other advanced technologies to maximize the value of the illustration system, how to maximize game operations with minimal costs as well as the following lectures on topics of interest. of interest to the entire industry, including:
- Eastern narrative: how to understand “SWORDSMEN (WUXIA)” in Chinese games: Zhipeng HuVice President of NetEase, and Yongcheng Liua seasoned user experience expert, will discuss the history of the Wuxia (martial arts) genre in video games, the main elements of the genre, how to reassess and reimagine old game settings, and how whose Wuxia art and style resonates with Chinese players.
- Minority Care: Make Color No Longer a Cognitive Disability: NetEase encourages its employees to develop games and features that make gaming more accessible and inclusive, especially for people with physical or other challenges. NetEase gaming leaders behind the success of Naraka: Bladepoint will share how the game’s accessibility design helps gamers with color vision deficiencies fully enjoy the game.
- “Naraka: Bladepoint— From Prototype to Release: Melee and Battle Royale Games: Known for the freedom of combat available to the player as the battle progresses, Naraka: Bladepoint is a 60 player battle royale game where players can use skills, grappling hooks, parkour, melee weapons and long range weapons to win the battle. The UX team behind this game is ready to share their knowledge on how to create a closed-loop experience while introducing lots of new elements.
- Early Game Assessment: Lessons Learned and Best Practices: How can developers know if a game is a “good idea”? This is a difficult task for most game developers, especially in the beginning. Drawing on their extensive experience in game review, a NetEase speaker will explain the key factors used in their review process and how they define the stages of early game development.
- Reinforcement learning for efficient car and track design in racing games: This presentation presents an AI-based approach to designing tracks in racing games, allowing developers to perform in-depth analysis of the optimal racing track for all vehicles and reduce development time during track testing.
- AI Animator: a real-time motion realization system: NetEase Games believes it’s time to move beyond the need for a large-scale pre-built motion library and start using AI to generate high-quality game animation with fewer needs in memory. This presentation will teach participants how to use a new and exciting method of generating game animation.
- An easy-to-use cutscene preview tool with few resources: Creating engaging cutscenes can often require a significant amount of tweaking so that artists can produce work that matches the creator’s vision. This presentation will focus on an easy-to-use cutscene preview tool that uses five plugins with the ability to generate speech and animation with a single click. Developers will be able to quickly create prototype versions of cutscenes using this tool, reducing production time.
These lectures and others from NetEase Games are available to GDC attendees with All Access, Core Games, or Summit Passes. For more information on GDC 2022 and where to watch the NetEase Games presentations online, please visit:
About NetEase, Inc.
As a leading Internet technology company based in China, NetEase, Inc. (NASDAQ: NTES and HKEX: 9999, “NetEase”) provides premium online services centered on innovative and diverse content, community, communication and trade. NetEase develops and operates some of China’s most popular mobile and PC games. In recent years, NetEase has expanded into international markets, including Japan and North America. In addition to its self-developed game content, NetEase partners with other leading game developers, such as Blizzard Entertainment and Mojang AB (a Microsoft subsidiary), to operate world-famous games in China. NetEase’s other innovative service offerings include its majority-controlled subsidiaries Youdao (NYSE:DAO), China’s leading smart learning company, and Cloud Village (HKEX:9899), also known as NetEase Cloud MusicChina’s first online music content community, as well as Yanxuan, NetEase’s own-brand e-commerce platform. For more information, please visit: http://ir.netease.com/.
About NetEase Games
NetEase Games is the online games division of NetEase, Inc., developing and operating some of the most popular mobile and PC games in the markets, including China and Japan. As one of the world’s largest incubators of quality online game content, NetEase Games is dedicated to supporting the growth of innovative studios around the world and developing an international presence along the way. To complement its self-developed games and world-class R&D capabilities, NetEase Games also partners with other industry leaders, including Blizzard Entertainment, Mojang AB (a Microsoft subsidiary), and other developers from global games to operate some of the most popular international online games in China. For more information, visit neteasegames.com.
Follow us on social networks:
Official website: https://www.neteasegames.com/
Tel: (+86) 571-8985-3378
Tel: (+86) 571-8985-2668
Phone: (+86) 20-8510–5163 extension 57169