Memory maker Lexar has announced the development of a 2000x 256GB SDXC UHS-II V90 Gold series card.
This new card has key features that will appeal to professional photographers and videographers:
• High-speed performance: leverages UHS-II technology for read transfer speeds of up to 300MB/s1
• Captures high-quality images and extended lengths of cinema-quality Full-HD and 8K video2
• Designed for durability3
• Backwards compatible with UHS-I devices
• 256 GB high capacity
• Limited Lifetime Warranty
Lexar Gold Series cards use UHS-II technology that allows memory to meet the demands of the latest cameras. For example, high transfer speeds will follow the RAW sequential burst modes of the latest cameras.
Back in the digital darkroom or editing suite, those same transfer speeds will come into play as files and footage can be downloaded quickly, ready for post-production and editing.
Speed is of course one of the main goals of the Gold series, but with the new Lexar Profession 2000x SDXC UHS-II card there is also the enormous capacity.
256GB of storage will allow you to capture massive amounts of data, keeping entire jobs on a single card. This ability will save you time both on set and at home or in the studio.
The new card offers plenty of speed and capacity, but also security and reliability, all to ensure the safety of the data you capture. This card is waterproof, resistant to shocks, vibrations and X3 rays. The card is also fully backward compatible and can therefore be used in UHS-I devices.
“We’re thrilled to announce the Lexar® Professional 2000x SDHC™/SDXC™ UHS-II V90 256GB Card. The new larger capacity will dramatically help professional content creators capture more of what they love while maintaining the best known performance of our 2000x series of professional SD cards,” said Joel Boquiren, Lexar CEO.
Price and availability
The Lexar Professional 2000x SDXC UHS-II Gold Series 256GB card is available this month to buy online at an MSRP of £374.99.
- Up to 300MB/s read transfer, write speeds lower. Speeds based on internal testing. Actual performance may vary. x=150KB/s.
- Highest transfer speeds achieved only when paired with a UHS-II SD reader
- Temperature Resistant: Withstands an operating temperature range of 32°F (-0°C) or 158°F (70°C) and non-operating temperatures of -13°F (-25°C) or 185°F (85°C).
- Shockproof: Shockproof (200G [1961.33m/sec^2] 3ms, 150G [1471.00m/sec^2] 10ms, from XYZ, 3 directions/3 times each)
- Vibration Resistant: Vibration Resistant (10Hz to 2000Hz, 6 Grms, 5 mins for 1 cycle, 10 cycles for 1 axis in total, 30 cycles for 3 axes, per IEC 60512-6-4 guidelines).
- X-Ray Resistant: Protected against X-ray exposure per ISO7816-1 guidelines